Happy Daze Festival is more then just a party... its a community. Its a place where you can grow, learn and connect with other like minded people in a safe and friendly environment. A place where you can come and be revitalised and re-energised to go out and take on the "real" world. There are plenty of workshops for the young and old in the healing village as well as massage and reiki.
Over the weekend the music will range through many genres. On the friday night you will start your DFloor experience with Live Bands - laster in the eveing you will hear the likes of funk, glitch and finish it off with a drum and bass session. Saturday night will have traditional techno, progressive and psytrance. Happy Daze brings you a weekend of diverse music!
There are a few things we at Happy Daze are extremely passionate about. One thing is providing a safe and respectful environment for the whole family from young to old. Another big one is LEAVE NO TRACE.
Each year we get better and better and so do you, so lets make this year even more amazing by doing a few simple things:
- Think about what it is you are bringing to Happy Daze this year. Remember you have to take it ALL home with you... so REDUCE YOUR WASTE
- Have seperate buckets or bags in your own camps for compost/cans, recyclables/plastics. Mixing your food waste with the rest of your garbage is messy and creates evil gases that are destroying the planet! Compost your food waste! - Bins will be provided.
- Bring plenty of water in large reusable containers, avoid single use ANYTHING :)
- Use cigarette butt bins ALWAYS, even in camp.
- Collect all of those little bits of clean plastic and stuff them into a plastic juice or water bottle, use a tent peg to compact and you will make a strong plastic brick that can be used in earthship building foundations and will save on space tremendously!! Its true look it up!
- Bring your own plate, bowl, mug, cup, cutlery and reusable straw and use these instead of single use items. You can take them to the food stalls too, even though the stalls use bio stuff you can still avoid these and reduce even more waste.
- Before you leave your camp spot PLEASE have your own little emu parade and pick up all of those tiny little things like ring pulls, string, pegs, sequins, feathers wink emoticon... who knows it could be anything but what ever it is it doesn't belong on the ground. Please take it home with you.
- PLEASE remove any rocks, wood pieces, coconuts etc you may have put around your camp area! When you leave we have to mow and the mower DOES NOT like to hit rocks or any other bits and pieces! :P
- Make sure you dispose of your rubbish responsibly on the way out of the festival. Take it home, to the nearest town or preferably to a recycling centre. PLEASE DO NOT dump your rubbish along the road, this reflects badly on the festival and our wonderful patrons who attend!
If anyone has anymore awesome ideas please feel free to share.
Thank you in advance pixies, see you really soon!!!
REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE RESPECT !
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS...
- There are no eftpos facilities on site. Make sure you bring cash.
- We are working with council and local police and will have security on site.
- We will also be offering a new service this year where for a small fee you will be able to be tested for alcohol or drugs before you leave the festival.
- NO AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR OR DISRESPECT IN ANY FORM
- NO Drugs
- NO ICE.......We understand that everyone partys differently however smoking ice lowers your vibration and we do not want it at our festivals.
- NO DOGS, please do not bring dogs to the festival, they and you will have to leave.
- NO GLASS, please do not bring ANY glass bottles, they are dangerous and often get smashed into the ground!
- NO FIRES, The property is at the edge of a state forest so fire safety is a must! There will be ONE designated fire.
- TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU! If we want to continue to use this site for events then our impact needs to be minimal!
- NO RENAGADES
- NO GENERATORS
- There will be free camping from Friday 12pm until 12pm Monday